Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Amanda's Super Fantastic Drawing of Delicious Candy

























The color scheme I used for this drawing was a split complementary using purple, orange, and green. The "broken color" technique was used in my piece by layering on different colors as shown in the gum ball in the lower right corner. I made the gum ball green and then added light orange dots on top to make the broken color.

The best part of my image is the candies with the dots of color on them. They show texture, value change, and the "broken color" technique. The candy in the top right corner is very strong too. It has contrasting colors and is mellow. The candy had dots of sugar on top of it and the dots of color show that texture.

I would name my work "Colorful Chaos" because the colors I used some vibrant colors in the drawing that really pop out and get your attention. There are many shapes on the page that overlap and are shaped in a way that they lead your eye around the drawing. There are lots of places for you to look in the drawing and there is lots going on.


3 comments:

  1. ^way to like write your life story! haha. I love you drawing! You did a good job with using colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your use of color and shadows. your piece is fantastic!-Kat

    ReplyDelete