Monday, January 6, 2014

Using the Scanner....

You need to use the scanner to get your image onto the computer and into Photoshop....

Here's the process:

Place your artwork  or texture samples on the glass of the scanner...


Be sure the cables are all attached ...



Run the program, called "Epson Scanner" to start the scanner...



The interface for the scanner looks like this. It shows you what is on the glass, and gives you choices for scanning controls... file type, resolution and color choices…



Here are the settings I chose for the scan of texture.... I chose black and white, because I was going to colorize it myself in Photoshop

BE SURE to choose the 300 dpi setting for resolution to get the best quality!



Select the area to scan by "click and draging" the mouse...



and press the "scan" button to start the final scan.....



I also made sure to choose that the images would be saved to the DESKTOP, and I named each scan..



When complete, the images will be saved to the desktop….




No comments:

Post a Comment