Tuesday, January 17, 2012

FINAL (gasp) PROJECT!!

Here we go!

Lots to do and not much time for it!
Your final exam grade is made up of THREE parts: A drawing, a written essay, and a verbal presentation..... The writing and presenting are ways to practice EXPLAINING your work.

The Drawing will be for the 20X30 competition, and is submitted in June.

Your drawing must demonstrate your understanding of these concepts: CREATIVITY, ELEMENTS AND PRINCIPALS, MATERIALS and CRAFTSMANSHIP.

THE CATCH
The one "catch" to the project is this YOU MUST COMBINE HAND MADE WITH PRINTED drawing skills!  So, your work is not only created on the computer, it involves "hand made" work as well.

Here is an amazing example of what I mean! This is the work of the artist "Asbestos". See more of his work @http://twistedsifter.com/2009/07/street-art-by-asbestos/

My background was in art history, studying in Dublin and Rome, but all the time working on my own ideas and skills. I never went to art school, so I’ve had to learn everything off friends or worked it out myself. But I do find it essential to know what came before me and to draw on the these influences. Caravaggio was a great influence as was Velasquez because his skin tones are mesmerizing. But I’ve also been influenced and inspired by the Pop art of Warhol, Raushenberg and Rosenquist
- from Artasty interview

Retreat of Reason – 140x190cm (55 inches x 75 inches)




Overflow – Mixed media on found wood with old book pages pasted on. The background has random written overflows of thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment